Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Beginning of A Series of Serious Endeavors

One of my favorite quotes deals with the power of silence. I have discovered that silence has its own voice, and as an artist (or what I hope to be), I want to portray this in my work. Even though the voice of silence might not be the largest, loudest, or most enticing, I believe it is the most meaningful.

I plan to start on a series of images done in both Painter X (which I own on my laptop) and Photoshop, heavy on custom textures and rich color, but with a subject that dwells on pain and suffering. I find the most emotional works can be simple, yet painfully beautiful, and this is what I want to achieve with this series.

My focus will be on the pain of singularity, loneliness, and the feelings of being deathly alone and afraid. Doing so, I've heard many times that people like my sketching style (which I think has an uncharacteristic roughness to it), so I want to combine that with color and more texture to make emotive images that might be pleasing to the eye, but slightly repulsive through subject matter.

Coming SOON...sketches/images of some ideas for perusal and critique

2 comments:

  1. damn...i just typed you a long ass comment but it just disappeared...
    so here's the abridged version...
    i know you are trying to make powerful images that are visually intense and content heavy...but with these kinds of themes be careful not to be TOO heavy...dont bash the viewer over the head with your message...the best way to incite an epiphany is being subtle...
    ps...the green is headachey...is that part of your poison theme?? if its not important could u tweak that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey Rebecca,
    I saw you ignoring me on Tuesday night. you think your so cool with all your little friends.

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS HERE