Saturday, January 17, 2009

Immortality's Never-Fading Flower

After many hours of searching for the right picture to reference, I finally put out a sketch that I'm somewhat happy with...yet I don't have a scanner at the moment available to me. However, I want to get some more solid sketches down before I post them (so I have sketches worth posting)

I find myself very inspired by music, especially gothic symphonic metal (Nightwish, Epica, etc.) In fact, the one image I am happy with is inspired by the song "Eva" by Nightwish off of their most recent album. The lyrics are slightly morbid, but welcome to the inside mind of the artist. I draw from the subtle and create what I feel.

Ciao for now and may I have better luck the next time I write!

1 comment:

  1. Rebecca,

    It sounds like you are very passionate about your work...and that is an excellent start. I have a question about the below quote:

    "My focus will be on the pain of singularity, loneliness, and the feelings of being deathly alone and afraid."

    Are you drawing from personal experience, a combination of personal experience and historical or contemporary references, both...?

    -Jessica

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS HERE