Friday, January 23, 2009

The Impossibility of Round Squares

After five million times of trying to post these sketch pictures online (Blogger was down for service, connection was reset, Javascript not enabled...), I think I've finally got it......................or not. I guess my image files are corrupt (imagine that...)

So, unable to see the sketches, I'm not sure how much critique you all can give me, but I have a few questions and a few answers to questions.

Question:
1. Should I keep a neutral color scheme for my work to signify the personal experiences in my "past" to make them feel like old sepia photographs in the back of my mind (old memories) or since they are pictures of child's toys (a teddy bear and a china doll), should I go for a brighter color scheme as to keep a pure innocence and denial of the world around it?

NOTE: This question most likely cannot be answered without viewing the images (I'll try to get them up ASAP!)

Answers:
1. From a previous question, yes, my work is based on personal experience and a glimpse to the inner self through the simpleness of the work to symbolize the mind of a child. However, as for historical reference, I am not sure at this point whether I will include any in later works or stick with what I've got.

2. From a previous statement, I changed the green to blue. Any better, Amo?


2 comments:

  1. haha! yes the blue is much better! thanks you!
    and as for your color scheme...it depends on which concept is more important to emphasize...
    if the memory quality is more important...emphasize it...
    if the child like innocence is more important...emphasize it...
    aesthetically tho i would rather see neutral tones because the content is so strong and it attacks the viewer...you dont need a color scheme to attack them as well...i doubt any averave viewer would survive the heavy barrage from your work...i feel like high contrasting and saturated colors would detract from the message anyway...
    but thats just my oppinion
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yea...and u said u left me a comment...i see no comment missy....


    ...you lie!

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS HERE