Monday, April 13, 2009

Seas of Floating Souls Whisper Down the Nile's Banks

I am finally going to print some of my images! How does everyone like that?

My cameo series and the two toys will be printed on linen or canvas (more than likely linen) and made into small pillows. The back fabric will be a dark clock fabric which has symbolic meaning as well. I think this is the best way of presenting them...since I think it makes the point a little bit better as slices of a child's life. Plus, pillows get used, tossed around, thrown, stepped on...and so many other daily things (I don't know...maybe the dog puked on it as well?) that happen to it. It makes the point of the wear and tear on innocence that might not be there by the use of texture or of the desolation that these pieces seem to give.

Any comments are helpful!

1 comment:

  1. Love the pillow idea. I think it fits well with your work this semester. However, linen may be a bit of an issue due to some technical difficulties with our current linen rolls. However, I believe in what you are trying to do and am more than willing to try to help find a solution so that you can still print on fabric. So...talk to me before you print.

    -Jessica

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS HERE