Thursday, April 30, 2009

Stitches Holding Together the Fabric of Time

I've been thinking about how to fix this cracking situation...and while I was finishing my Flash animation last night, I came up with "the idea". Instead of staining it or covering up what I'm trying to fix, I'm going to add thread and needle to the front in a metaphorical sense of "piecing yourself back together". These images are a few of the dark sources of your life that threaten to break your life apart...and I want to show that people hastily try to stitch themselves back together, but are really unable to completely without help. I think adding the sowing to the front in this case on the pillows makes it a little bit more meaningful.

Also, a suggestion was made to me by Amo to stuff them with something other than regular stuffing...and I think I'm going to take her suggestion, especially since the substance she wanted to stuff them with is rather heavy...and stitching yourself back up sometimes leaves you with a heavy heart. ^_^

However, my Flash animation is done! If you want to take a peek, visit here. It's a bit big for the page, but I can't really help that. http://elfqueenalaina.deviantart.com/art/Whisper-120929039

1 comment:

  1. Rebecca,
    Your idea sounds very honest. Instead of trying to fight against the problem or mask the problem you are working it into the piece. That is great.

    Also, the music and style of the animation work very well with the content. Nice work! My only suggestion is to fade the music out at the very end so when you get to the final page it doesn't end abrubtly.

    -Jessica

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS HERE