Monday, February 9, 2009

Carrying the Cross of Empathy Across the Great Sahara

I've decided that a baby mobile might be a good idea, however, now I'm running into the problem of what I want my backgrounds to look like. Obviously, they can't be some plain color because then some of them might give the imagination that they are floating in midair. Truthfully, I'm thinking about discarding the hand in the teddy bear painting (which is why the question of background then becomes so difficult)

I don't know what I want to do with it, but I'm thinking maybe putting it on an embroidered pillow or something of the like (scanned into Photoshop and played around with...) would give it a sense of space in the picture without being too out there. Especially when it comes to the doll, I think of a wooden floor and the bear is something a child would sleep with, so maybe a pillow. The baby mobile would be hanging above a crib with a wall in the background.

I need suggestions on how to solve the issue of background, but keep it from distracting away from the actual object in the image. Any suggestions?

1 comment:

  1. I think your ideas for resolving the background problem sound good. Up close detail of something like the floor or the pillow behind the objects will ground them and add interest.

    -Jessica

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS HERE