Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Dark Red Wine Is The Drink of Menotti

After my computer epically failed (not just a blue screen, but a black screen of death!), I am both very irritated and out of luck, especially since my project pieces thus far are based off Painter X, a program which I have, but the school does not. My question to myself then is "What are my other options for this semester if my computer takes a nose-dive into hell's little oblivion?"

My solution is a simple flash animation that tells the life of a baby's toy from the day it enters their stubby little arms until its decomposing little body (the toy, not the baby) hits the garbage heap after many years of use, stains, and lots of love. I think it would be interesting to watch the life of this little toy as it follows its own little path of life...and what toys do when they aren't in use?

This is just another idea I'm throwing around (possibly even to combine with the images that I want to produce as well). It's sort of a more follow-the-path thing (straightforward) than the images I'm producing which are more in-depth mentally than a flash animation would be. Tell me what you think!

5 comments:

  1. The Velveteen Rabbit comes to mind...

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_m054tLKvs

    ReplyDelete
  2. no more excuses...i fixed your computer!!!


    NOM

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds interesting. I think you should experiment with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey Rebecca,

    thanks for the snide and condescending comment. your luck I'm so easy going - because otherwise I'd spit in your face!

    adam

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that you will be able to sneak into an entire separate dimension of this feeling you are trying to instill with this idea. Value, sentiment, delicousness. I'm going to be looking forward to this whether it happens or not =] I think you could go far with it Rebecca.

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS HERE