Saturday, February 21, 2009

Stuffed Horses, Ballerinas, and Growing Up Beneath the Maples

I feel as if I haven't really done anything for computer art yet, so I decided to look up some sounds for my short Flash project. I have a few different ideas running around in my head on the basis of content, deciding which one will be easier, so I want some critique to help me out!

The first idea is of a little girl and her stuffed horse sitting beneath an autumn tree and playing, but the little girl forgets her toy outside when her mother (another sadder loop that I haven't found yet but possibly this one? http://www.flashkit.com/loops/Ethnic/Last_-calpomat-6851/index.php). I thought about this sound loop for that particular scene (beginning): http://www.flashkit.com/loops/Easy_Listening/Instrumental/_In_T-Edgen-6900/index.php

The next idea is the idea of a girl's musicbox with a ballerina inside that spins around and around, playing the same little melody. The little girl would open it up from time to time throughout her life (when she receives it, teenager, maybe even moving out for college...and then getting married--she would open it one last time and bring it with her) I'm sure lots of girls had these as children (my sister has one that she still keeps and still plays). For this scene, I thought that this would be appropriate (as long as it faded in and out for when the box opened and closed or when the girl flipped a switch to turn it on): http://www.flashkit.com/loops/Easy_Listening/Instrumental/_Sad_-Edgen-6838/index.php

Sadly, I don't have my title screen background shrunk yet or I would show that too! I need comments so I can get moving on this stuff!

1 comment:

  1. i picked out a perfect sound a while ago for a project i wanted to do sometime...ironically enough it was a ballerina in a music box...but you stole it...you are a terrible friend...
    haha...just kidding...but really...
    im not sharing my perfect sound file...\
    vengeance....

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS HERE