Sunday, February 1, 2009

Intellect Destroys The Virgin Flower And Sends It To Madness

Once again, inspired by music, I am digging deeper into my many forgotten childhood memories to dig up little things I had or I kept with me as a child. I realized that when I was sketching these things that I was taking things I had owned as a child, but what about what everyone else owned?

I took that into account, and while I know I didn't have a mobile when I was a baby, that many other babies do. However, I don't know since, I want the singularity of an item, but with the number of items attached to a mobile if that idea will work.

I am a little nervous for crit on Monday, but I have a few things done as long as I paint some more tonight and get my images a little bit more clarified. I want to make my images older through texture and color, but since the finished product isn't available yet, it's a little hard to tell if it is going to eventually be what I want to portray.

Oh, on the last note, the song I was inspired by is from the opera Idomeneo by Mozart. It's called D'Oreste D'Ajace and it describes this women's fall into madness. Take a listen on IMEEM or some other free music program to the music (it's covered by the group Aesma Daeva and it's rather haunting, but inspiring none the less!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS HERE